Tips for Buyers
Homebuying can be a very stressful time, but it doesn’t have to be.
Following these simple tips can take the homebuying process from stressful, to exciting.
- Pick a team who will work for you, not for themselves. Picking your real estate team is paramount. Your number one team member will be a dedicated REALTOR®. You also need a loan professional who understands all of the different programs on the market today, and who knows how to take a loan from A to Z. Financing is key to every real estate transaction (other than all cash buyers), so having someone who knows the market, and who can make it work for you, is a must.
- When setting up appointments with your team, make sure everyone who is purchasing the house is available for the appointment. It can put a huge delay on the buying process when multiple meetings or showings need to be scheduled. When time is of the essence, especially with really “hot” properties, delays can make the difference of getting the house, or not.
- Take the advice of “your” real estate team. Your team needs to be on top of the market trends at all times. Different markets (seller’s market or buyer’s market), require different approaches. Don’t forget, you chose a team to work with you on this journey. Make sure to listen to what they can bring to the table.
- Ask questions!!! This applies to the first time homebuyer, and the most experienced home buyer. The most important part of your home buying process is your comfort level.
- This very well may be the most important of them all. Try to have a little fun! We all know there is some stress involved in buying a home. Just remember this is an exciting time for you and your loved ones. Take a moment to realize that you are about to be a homeowner!